Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Repurposed Project #4 - Using Your Junk Mail

I walk to the mailbox, open the lid, and pull out several unsolicited pieces of mail every single day. At first, I would dump the envelopes, local grocery ads, and occasional magazine into the green recycling bin that my area recycling center picks up each week. After a few months of feeling wasteful, I began to wondered how I could turn that useless paper into something I could use for my business.
With my handy new shredder by my side, I started to shred my daily junk mail piece by piece and gather it into mesh sacks for easy storing. I shredded envelopes, magazine pages, grocery ads and anything that didn't have important financial information on it. Now I have about four sacks full of shredded paper and I use it during packing. It comes in handy for those small items that need a little extra padding during shipping. The best part about it, is it's free, except for my time and electricity used for shredding.
So get to shredding, if you can...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Keepers

re·cy·cle

- to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form or nature of.
- to use again in the original form or with minimal alteration.
- to help to pass through a cycle again.

Get Paid to Recycle