Thursday, September 22, 2011

Inexpensive Ribbon Spool Holder



I am all for using everyday items and repurposing them. Taking a preowned item and reusing it makes me happy. So here is my idea for a ribbon spool holder that I think anyone can afford. I used a vintage paper towel rack that I picked up for a few dollars at my local thrift store. You can find these in just about any thrift store and you don't have to buy them new. Now if you have more than 10 spools of ribbon, this may not be the option for you, but if you only have a few, it's a great idea.







Use a pin to keep the ribbons from unraveling when you are unwinding the ribbon you need. The spools turn easily on my holder, so I am able to pull ribbon from a spool quickly and efficiently. Now some of my spools have really small holes and won't fit over the rod on the holder, so I just cut them to make them fit. Just cut notches all the way around the hole to make it larger, until if fits on the holder.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Keepers

re·cy·cle

- to alter or adapt for new use without changing the essential form or nature of.
- to use again in the original form or with minimal alteration.
- to help to pass through a cycle again.

Get Paid to Recycle